CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Like, "Do I like this?"

I really love to cook. Lately I haven't been doing a lot of cooking. I know why. I like to cook different things all the time. I get bored easily with cooking the same thing. Usually the "same things" are pretty cheap and that's why they get cooked a lot. Either that or I know I won't hear "Ewww" or "Do I like this?" I really like to cook for people who like what I cook. ;) My skin is growing thicker though. I'm getting excited about adding peppers and mushrooms to food to hear everyone say "Ewww" but I'm going to say "Yum!"

Tonight we are going to Mom's house for Rob's birthday party. I really love good food when I DON'T have to cook it!! The menu is made and I don't have to bring anything, but I'm making some corn muffins for fun. These are the best corn muffins ever!! I'm sure it's because they are NOT fat free. But they aren't cookies, so you can't just eat and eat and eat them. Here's the recipe:

Dot’s Corn Muffins (TOH)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Yield: 8 muffins.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you started a blog too!

    That recipe sounds yummy, I will have to try it out myself one of these days.

    ReplyDelete