CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009


We're cleaning the house today because tomorrow we're inviting people over. I'm reminded of the saying my mom has at her house. . . "if you want to see me, come anytime. If you want to see my house make an appointment" . . . or something like that. I kind of feel like tomorrow is an appointment, so I should have a clean house. I try to maintain cleanliness, but I tend to neglect my children when the house is really clean. When I look back at cute pictures of the kids, they usually have a really messy house in the background. I try to find balance between adoring my children every minute . . . and thus noticing when they are doing adorable things, and cleaning the house so the pictures don't make me feel guilty. The cleanest time in my house is usually before 3:30pm. After the kids get home from school there is chaos. They are so excited to see me . . . they forget that they need to NOT drop their stuff on the floor.

We're blessing Blake tomorrow. I'm hoping his name will still be Blake after the blessing. Matt has threatened that he'll change it. I don't think he has another name in mind, but maybe he'll get inspired. I usually like to bless my babies the first Fast Sunday after they are born. I was there on that Sunday, but maybe subconsciously I was waiting to let Matt get used the Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment